ERDHHR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DHH registry of Equine-Ranch.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meadowbrook Farms

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 8:57 pm

First foal of the year is here and she is a cute little filly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:06 am

I hate to say this, but we are on B now. (running to hide)
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:22 pm

affraid Shocked @#$@ I thought yesterday was still 173 ;(
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Oh, I might be wrong then. If she was born before noon EST yesterday it could still have been 173.
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Hayden Valley 1 wrote:
Oh, I might be wrong then. If she was born before noon EST yesterday it could still have been 173.

That year change may be tricky.... Hmmmm. Foals born on the changing date should try to be registered according to the date but if not its no big deal if they are off by a letter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.equine-ranch.com/ranchinfo.php?ranchid=75583
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:02 pm

I know she was born before noon, I'm pretty sure she was born right around 1am Sunday morning but because of the server being over band width yesterday I couldn't get into my account until late yesterday so I had to hurry through most of my stuff so my horses weren't a complete mess and didn't miss a month of training. The next one will be a B. I thought I was doing good Embarassed
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 12:33 am

ShannonHM wrote:
I know she was born before noon, I'm pretty sure she was born right around 1am Sunday morning but because of the server being over band width yesterday I couldn't get into my account until late yesterday so I had to hurry through most of my stuff so my horses weren't a complete mess and didn't miss a month of training. The next one will be a B. I thought I was doing good Embarassed

If she was born before the year change then she is named correctly Smile
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:52 am

Next Dutch baby is on the ground, another filly, not pleased with her temperament so she will most likely be sold.

Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:33 am

Another filly on the ground pretty nice, her temperament could be better but I think she might be a good foundation mare.

Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Well the last Dutch foal for this year is on the ground, its a colt. Very disappointing so he will be up for sale as soon as he is weaned.

Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 1:42 pm

My first filly who's temperament is so low is showing improvement in Movement and Agility first Mad Figures, bad temperament but will probably be the best mover.
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:26 am

Looks like the next season of babies is getting ready to kick off, one of my mare's is bagging up, so new foal should be on the ground tomorrow. This is my first foal from Shadow and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the temperament is at least average! bounce babies bounce babies bounce babies bounce I can't wait to see them.
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:55 pm

I'm all sorts of nervous to see how this baby comes out, I haven't had the mare long enough to know where she is going to excel, this is a total roll of the dice!! On another note the colt I was going to get rid of right after weaning I have decided to hold on a little longer, his confirmation keeps going back and forth between extremely good and extraordinary (which I know means nothing right now) but I'm going to keep an eye on him and see how he progresses before selling.
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:25 am

First baby of the round came in the middle of the night, a beautiful red Chestnut racacino colt, all legs and is temperament is average cheers

He gets a B name correct?
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:30 am

He is beautiful! Yes he is a b baby.

Are you sure he is a rabicano though? Wink
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:44 am

confused well I suppose he could be a strawberry roan with the white on his rump and back.
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:54 am

He is a very minimally marked roan. Smile rabicano shows roaning in two other specific areas.
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:38 pm

So I guess the white around the flanks is part of the roan? And his coloring is acceptable but he does carry the pearl gene - Prl+/Prl+, so would he still be registerable?
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:14 pm

prl/prl or prl and cr horses are not allowed, but Prl/prl and no creme is okay as it can be bred out.

I see no white hairs on his flanks Smile his topline and croup however
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:19 pm

So because of the Prl+/Prl+ he can't be registered with ERDHHR but could be used to breed with and his babies might be registerable?
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:22 pm

ShannonHM wrote:
So because of the Prl+/Prl+ he can't be registered with ERDHHR but could be used to breed with and his babies might be registerable?

Sorry, I'll try to explain that better.

Horses with prl/prl are not registerable. Any Prl+/prl CR/CR offspring they have are as their phenotype is acceptable.
Horses with Prl+/prl and creme are not registerable due to their phenotype being pearl. Any offspring of accepted phenotype are registerable.
Any carries of pearl who do not express it are registerable.

So basically as long as their phenotype is good they are registerable. Just in the case of pearl though.
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Well thats disappointing Sad I was hoping he would make the cut.
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 7:24 pm

WPMCowgirl (Founder) wrote:
ShannonHM wrote:
Any carries of pearl who do not express it are registerable.

So basically as long as their phenotype is good they are registerable. Just in the case of pearl though.

Your colt fits this, does he not?
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Embarassed Yep, sorry been a long day, still stuck at work and going crazier by the minute lol!
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Another baby on the ground. This one is a little filly with only a Fair temperament, so we'll see how she progresses before making a decision on her.

Now to decide roan or Rabicano pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meadowbrook Farms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms   Meadowbrook Farms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meadowbrook Farms
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next