ERDHHR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DHH registry of Equine-Ranch.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Contest Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Contest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Contest Ideas   Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:33 am

I really want to start some other contests in between keurings to keep this a bit more active. I'm at a loss for ideas though.

Does anyone have any ideas for a contest, raffles, game, anything, we could do for some extra fun?
Back to top Go down
http://www.equine-ranch.com/ranchinfo.php?ranchid=75583
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Contest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest Ideas   Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:38 pm

I've got a few now.

1. "Yearling Gala"
What happens: Yearlings are entered a few months before their first birthday, and on their birthday they are assessed by ERDHHR judges. Kind of like a futurity. However, the best of the best will receive a little prize.
Prizes: Winner (only one a year) will receive +1% automatically to their 6YO and adult keuring scores.

2. "Stallion Showcase"
I don't know if this is just me, but it seems a lot of breeders rarely use studs from other ranches, so I want to see what happens if we try and promote it.
What happens. Every 3-5 years, whenever we choose, we could host this "stallion showcase" in which anyone who wants to participate nominates a few of their studs and they will be show cased here in the forums. This will give them some publicity and maybe a few of us will want straws. Smile

3. No name yet...
This would be just for a little fun, but we could have members who want to participate sign up, and, every handful of game years or so, all other ERDHHR members would vote on a breeding for each person who signed up to do. It could be with their own broodmares and stallions, or their own broodmare and a stallion from another ranch (all horses would be nominated for this event). No real purpose, just something that could be fun to do. Smile

Anyone interested in these?
Back to top Go down
RedRoseAna

Contest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest Ideas   Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:42 pm

I defiantly think we need a stallion showcase! I always have trouble finding boys for my broodmares.
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Contest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest Ideas   Contest Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 pm

We already have a stud list section, but I know I have a very hard time keeping mine updated as right now I am constantly selling off stock to find the better horses. I think the showcase would come in handy.

Any thoughts on the other ideas?...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Contest Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contest Ideas   Contest Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contest Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ERDHHR :: Suggestions-
Jump to: