ERDHHR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DHH registry of Equine-Ranch.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

EIA Outbreak

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ShannonHM

EIA Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: EIA Outbreak   EIA Outbreak Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Had my first ever breakout of EIA today, unfortunately it took 2 of my Dutch boys Sad Shadow tested positive after his routine check up today, so after that we tested the entire barn and my young up and coming foal Flash also was infected. Both were euthanized, its a sad day around here Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

EIA Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: EIA Outbreak   EIA Outbreak Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Oh no! That's awful. So sorry for your loss.

I'm actually in the process of selling my Whisper filly Sad but I ended up purchasing one of his colts: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
he had some gorgeous babies!

Were you able to collect semen from either?
Back to top Go down
http://www.equine-ranch.com/ranchinfo.php?ranchid=75583
ShannonHM

EIA Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: EIA Outbreak   EIA Outbreak Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Yes I was able to collect the maximum the tank could hold for both so hopefully I can get some nice babies, just need to find some really good LS to insure the best I can get out of Shadow's straws, poor guy, he has had such a rough time since he was a baby, 2 injuries in the first 2 years, so he was really just getting fit and started, I'm so terribly sad about them both. I haven't decided what I will do with Flash's straws, his coloring was very pretty but his splash was not DHH acceptable, I'm going to hold on to them for now, I'm still in shock, my heart just sank when I saw Shadow's test results, then I tested everyone else. I guess I'm lucky it was just contained to 2 and I caught it as quick as I did but still is upsetting.
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

EIA Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: EIA Outbreak   EIA Outbreak Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Thats a really pretty colt, I hope he lives up to everything Shadow never had the chance to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EIA Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: EIA Outbreak   EIA Outbreak Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EIA Outbreak
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ERDHHR :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: