ERDHHR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DHH registry of Equine-Ranch.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ShannonHM

Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Empty
PostSubject: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Well I decided to import some foreign stock and of course I got two Colts, one is from performance lines and one is from colored lines. They aren't named yet but here they are:

my performance colt - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Finally a colt with a great temperament, hopefully everything else will balance out and he will make a good foundation to cross with some of Max's babies.

my colt from the colored lines - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I really have high hopes for this boy, I have an American Warmblood from this same line and she has turned out really nice, temperament could have been better but still high hopes.
Back to top Go down
Eireann

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Congrats! They are gorgeous. Can't wait to see how they train up
Back to top Go down
http://www.equine-ranch.com/ranchinfo.php?ranchid=116664
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Boredom at work made me do it bounce

Meet the new dutch import and its a filly cheers with a good temperament and she's clear

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:32 am

She's very nice! And a filly. I think the breed may die out on my farm since I only breed colts. lol!
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:28 pm

You need me to send the filly fairy your way? lol!
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:48 am

Please!!!
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Well I think I really sent the filly fairy to Hayden so be on the look out for her affraid I still have some custom import credits soooooo.... well you know I sat on my hands as long as I could but in the end I gave in and brought home 4 new babies (only 1 filly..ggrrrr)

Here they are, un-named and at least one has unacceptable color.

Colt #1 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*His color isn't acceptable and temperament could be better.

Colt #2 - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I like this guy and he has a sweet temperament, hope he shapes up ok.

Colt #3 (was not happy with sending the filly fairy away at this point) - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But then I saw his beautiful markings and well he has sweet eyes so I wasn't mad long.

Filly cheers finally *whew* - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Loving everything about this girl!!!!!

Now I'm going back to sitting on my hands Rolling Eyes or maybe just one performance FILLY!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Wow! Chopper and Carmella are gorgeous! Curious though, how did you choose what patterns to register them as? Chopper doesn't seem to be tobiano to me, and I don't see any splashed white Carmella's pedigree silent
Back to top Go down
http://www.equine-ranch.com/ranchinfo.php?ranchid=75583
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:43 pm

Chopper I went with Tobiano because I don't think the coloring is Sabino and I was thinking with the white in the mane that his white possibly crossed his topline and I didn't think he was overo, I know there has been alot of conflicting conversations on this coloring but I just don't think its sabino so I went with what I thought, the more I think about it I am wondering if Tovero would have been more acurate. I saw an early post where Hayden thought it was extreme sabino, do you think that is what it is over one of the paint patterns?

Carmella I didn't intend to put as splashed white Shocked was multi-tasking and didn't even realize I left it on that until now Sad

And I'm still banging my head on Cutter confused I thought he was Ivory Amber but Branik said No I was on the wrong path **insert headbanging here**
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Question for you.... is Crocker's coloring acceptable for the registry?
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:34 pm

If you look at Chopper's DNA he is homozygous for tobiano. Looking at his parents, do you think either is tobiano?
This pattern is new to me as well. I can tell you it is not typical of a tobiano or tovero pattern due to the framed appearance and extreme white markings on the face. As well as the "jagged" appearance of the white markings. This is usually only seen in overo type markings. So I will say that it is some sort of overo pattern, but I am not sure exactly what genes trigger it, or if it is just one or multiple genes.

Here are two other horses with that pattern:
No testable patterns on this one... But his sire is splash.... Maybe its a splashed white pattern?
This one does have Sa1 like Chopper though... Maybe it and Chopper have splashed white too...

So, to tell you the truth, I don't really know what exactly causes that pattern, but I do know that it is overo type. My guesses are it is caused by splash, or splash + another overo gene, or maybe it can be caused by other overo genes. Not sure. Phenotypically it shows some characteristics of splash, sabino, and frame, so it could be just anything!

As for Crocker... do you mean Cutter, the horse with Champagne?
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:37 pm

ShannonHM wrote:

His color is, but his pattern is not.

And as for Chopper, he is registerable since the only color gene we can see is sa1 on him. But if he throws unacceptable patterns then he will lose registerablity. Sad
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 pm

WPMCowgirl (Founder) wrote:
ShannonHM wrote:

His color is, but his pattern is not.

And as for Chopper, he is registerable since the only pattern gene we can see is sa1 on him. But if he throws unacceptable patterns then he will lose registerablity. Sad
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:30 am

Cutter the one with champagne is the one I have no idea on the color, I thought she was ivory amber and then I thought amber only but I think she is to light for just Amber but I'm new with Amber colors so I'm very uncertain.

But I didn't think his color was acceptable either, am I correct in that?

And one more thing while I have ya, if a horse has fair temperament but conformation and movement is extremely good, would the horse be considered for registry based on conformation and movement?
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:16 am

Cutter has another dilution Wink

But no, because of his champagne he is not an accepted color.

At the moment, if it is a stallion, it could be registerable. Females must have at least an average temperament. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:29 am

OK, I knew that for stallions, just didn't know if there would be any exceptions for Mare's with exceptional movement and conformation. Thanks for clarifying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports   Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meadowbrook Farms New Foreign Imports
Page 1 of 1