ERDHHR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DHH registry of Equine-Ranch.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:30 pm

I was actually just bored at work and happened to glance at the forums lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.equine-ranch.com/ranchinfo.php?ranchid=75583
Hayden Valley 1

PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:50 am

First foal of the year, a filly! cheers [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Not too shabby. I sure am loving my TinTin as a sire. And he is not doing bad in shows either.
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Fell behind on my foal updates. Dreamer had a gorgeous liver chestnut [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I am very happy with this lovely girl. And Latte had a not so nice [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. She is a beautiful wild bay but that temperament is not up to my standards so she and her dam will be for sale. If anyone wants her, let me know and I will keep them until she is weaned. If not, I am putting them up for sale on approval.
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Another beautiful chestnut filly. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I am hopeful she will be a great broodmare. I have one more due this year, out of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by a local boy, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. It will be his first foal and I am anxious to see how he does as a sire. Probably an affected foal though, as dam is affected and sire is a carrier. But I tried that with my appys this year and got a very nice carrier filly. So I'm hoping.
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:54 pm

That last filly is a beautiful color flower My mare's are foaling late this year and its driving me Crazy bounce
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Elli is gorgeous! Dark~black chestnuts, especially flaxen ones, are my favorites!
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 3:54 pm

I have a nice Flaxen LS Mare that will turn 3 tomorrow, I was thinking about breeding her but I can't decide who to....lol!! All Mine seem to throw frame or babies with alot of attitude lol!
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Alone is finally showing some signs. She's got a little bag on her and she is softening up in her back end. Hoping for a nice baby.
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:42 am

Alone had a fabulously gorgeous colt! cheers Meet [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I am quite excited to see how his training goes. Only one due next year. But Ari and Air are starting to pick up some points in shows so we are making progress. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Only one baby this year, but she turned out really nice. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Lovely!

I saw your post about her in the commons.

She definitely has pangare, but she did not get it from Airheart Wink
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:35 am

Well, her sire is a chestnut LS and he doesn't have it but it could easily be in his lineage somewhere. From the reading I did it can go several generations without being expressed and then pop up again, so I may never track it down, but it is not believed to be just a one gene thing that is dominant/recessive. It is thought possibly to have a combination of factors, so perhaps something from both dam and sire's side. Whatever caused it, she sure is cute!
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:12 am

Pangare is dominant so you will see it if the horse's coat is the right color. You will always see it on bay and chestnut, so Airheart is definitely not the contributor. There is no mealiness on him.

But! From what I have learned, their is a certain dilution (maybe more then one) that can mask the effects of pangare as it makes the coat so light. That gene is in Benne's pedigree Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres   Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foal watch for Prairie Rose Acres
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2