ERDHHR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DHH registry of Equine-Ranch.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Yes!!! - LS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Yes!!! - LS Empty
PostSubject: Yes!!! - LS   Yes!!! - LS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:47 pm

I had a bunch of LS on this ranch - 9 to be exact to kickstart my DHHs. 4 of my 6 mares were either unrecognized DHH colors, or just colors I don't want though. I really really wanted a Sgohi x Tsosgotsoi cross LS to get blondes in my herd. I've been searching the classifieds and haven't been too lucky. So I made a call to the importer today, and purchased 2 LS.

Not long later, the trailer pulled up to my barn. The doors opened...

And out first came a gorgeous 5 year old mare: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
At first I was thinking: Woo-hoo wild bay! But then I realized she is actually grey! One of the new greys I believe. She is just losing her color slowly it seems. I don't really want greys, except for maybe a handful, but I like her lines so I will be keeping her around. Looks almost exactly just like one of my DHH colts: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And then this girl hoped out of the trailer:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And my heart stopped.

She is exactly what I was hoping for!!! She's still a baby yet, but her temperament is decent and her conformation shouldn't be anything to laugh at. She also shows heart to boot! I can't wait to breed this girl!

So now I have 11 LS on this ranch. Razz
They are:
Mares:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - breeding her for her flaxen
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - breeding her for her strong movement lines
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - pretty much just breeding her for her sabino haha
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - This mare's fitness blows me away. However, she has never taken to a breeding yet! I am really hoping she is not infertile!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - She has great lines for movement and I love her sabino!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Love her. Sabino, Presence and decent, well balanced lines.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Good bottom two on her. The dam of Airheart, a really nice colt now owned by Hayden.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Love her bottom two. Decent lines.

Stallions:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - I love love LOVE this boys color! He is registered as a black sabino but is truly a seal brown tobiano. He will really help out my dark chestnut breeding goals.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Recently snagged him from the classifieds. He has the same sabino sireline as two of my LS mares, but he is A/a. Very rare in my herd right now.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Using him for his temperament, A/a, and he has K!

So that is my herd of LS lol. Got a lot of em.

I love LS. It seems I always have more luck with them than I do foreign imports. How about you all? What LS are you using to start your DHHs and Why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.equine-ranch.com/ranchinfo.php?ranchid=75583
ShannonHM

Yes!!! - LS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes!!! - LS   Yes!!! - LS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Holy Cow... you are a bad influence on me bounce I had to try my luck when I saw that cute LS girl and bingo... I got a pretty nice one.

I have quite a few LS mares but since I am breeding 2 breeds that you can't crossbreed with anything I will take all the LS mare's I can get my hands on. I'm not over the top excited about her temperament but like her color, I'm going to hang on to her for now and see how she progresses before making the decision on if to keep her or not.
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Yes!!! - LS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes!!! - LS   Yes!!! - LS Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:16 pm

I got an awesome LS mare today! What a suprise, she has very good temperament and Presence cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yes!!! - LS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes!!! - LS   Yes!!! - LS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yes!!! - LS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ERDHHR :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: