ERDHHR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DHH registry of Equine-Ranch.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prairie Rose Acres

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hayden Valley 1

Prairie Rose Acres Empty
PostSubject: Prairie Rose Acres   Prairie Rose Acres Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:12 pm

Well, this ranch has been through many incarnations and right now is dedicated to a small herd of miniatures competing in English. English and Gaited seem to go quite well together so I thought I would add the DHH's here. I also have a phantom mount and 3 barns and 4 pastures, so I thought it would be easier to breed and stay organized. I also have 2 other ranches, these were grandfathered in from before the rules changed to only one ranch, so all you new players don't start new ranches for this project!

I have just purchased a nice looking colt from Whispering Pines Manor, Airheart, and I am hoping to get some solid foals from him, although I am sure he will give me a few frames too. I also have a very nice LS mare, Olive, but I am not sure yet if I will use her for breeding, as I haven't done the research to know if silver is an acceptable dilution.

So that is the start of my little herd. I also have a custom credit and am hoping to get my research done and make a purchase today to get this project off the ground. Can't wait to see how Air progresses and get my first foals in a few years.

I have to mention one funny thing. When the trailer pulled in and Air got off, my whole herd of minis took off for the other side of the pasture like a buffalo stampede! I think they thought I had brought Godzilla in to eat them! Was very funny. lol! But now they have all settled down and Air and Friday have taken quite a liking to each other. Friday is teaching him some nice stallion manners and I am happy that Air has found a friend in this miniature world he was plopped down in.
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Prairie Rose Acres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prairie Rose Acres   Prairie Rose Acres Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:30 pm

What a combo. Minis and DHHs. Laughing

Hope Air behaves well for you! He was the best of my first foals last year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.equine-ranch.com/ranchinfo.php?ranchid=75583
Hayden Valley 1

Prairie Rose Acres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prairie Rose Acres   Prairie Rose Acres Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:07 am

Wow! I am off to a great start. Got a gorgeous grey custom colt and he's clear!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Also picked up a beautiful local stock mare this morning, who is registered as seal brown, but is actually deep, dark liver chestnut. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also has a great pedigree for movement and agility. And I purchased this lovely colt from Cowgirl, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I think with these 3 and another LS mare I have, I am really set to go.
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

Prairie Rose Acres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prairie Rose Acres   Prairie Rose Acres Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 10:00 am

Spoke to my trainer this morning and he is very impressed with TinTin's progress. He said that even though he hasn't sessioned him yet today, he is already showing improvement in his movement and intelligence this morning to go along with his great agility. I am so happy to hear that, it is just what I was hoping for!

Oh, and another funny story about the DHH's and minis. Today I had the yearlings and foals all out in the same pasture and my little guy Rip was grazing along and grazed his way right under Air's belly! I guess you go where the grass is good, even if there is already a horse there. lol!
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

Prairie Rose Acres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prairie Rose Acres   Prairie Rose Acres Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Great day at the sales barn today! cheers Picked up a couple of fabulous LS mares for our breeding program.

First is a beautiful buckskin girl with good conformation and temperament. Love her to pieces already, especially after looking over her pedigree. It is very strong in movement, agility, surefoot and strength. Meet [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Next is a lovely bay mare with the cutest little crescent star under her forelock! I love you Again, her pedigree is strong in movement, agility and surefoot. This is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Can't wait for next breeding season! bounce

For the time being I have hired a trainer to work with them, as they are fresh off the range and completely unbroken. I think they will make great trail horses when they are not in foal.
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

Prairie Rose Acres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prairie Rose Acres   Prairie Rose Acres Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:18 pm

Wonderful little filly born yesterday! cheers She is a wild bay silver (sure glad we voted to accept that Very Happy ) and she has an average temperament. Sire is WPM's Maximum CoPilot and dam is LS Sheza Strange One. Meet [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], or as we call her around the barn, Ari. I am so happy to have a lovely little filly! I am already looking 3 years down the road to the time when I can breed her to TinTin. bounce
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Prairie Rose Acres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prairie Rose Acres   Prairie Rose Acres Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Gorgeous! Wish I could get a filly I want to keep Razz

But oh, WPM's Maximum CoPilot? .... I don't own him. Though I wish I did. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.equine-ranch.com/ranchinfo.php?ranchid=75583
Hayden Valley 1

Prairie Rose Acres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prairie Rose Acres   Prairie Rose Acres Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Weird, I could have sworn that was your horse! lol! I meant, Shannon's horse.
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Prairie Rose Acres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prairie Rose Acres   Prairie Rose Acres Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:17 pm

What a beautiful filly Aeronique is Hayden! Congrats on such a pretty girl!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

Prairie Rose Acres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prairie Rose Acres   Prairie Rose Acres Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Update on foals. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] showed what great movement she has during her training this morning. I am so happy with her! And [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is looking better and better every day! Can't wait until those 2 are old enough to breed. I also Have 2 mares confirmed to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and another that will hopefully be confirmed by the vet tomorrow. Getting a great start!
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

Prairie Rose Acres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prairie Rose Acres   Prairie Rose Acres Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:05 pm

ShannonHM wrote:
What a beautiful filly Aeronique is Hayden! Congrats on such a pretty girl!! Very Happy

Thanks for the semen. He makes great babies!
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

Prairie Rose Acres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prairie Rose Acres   Prairie Rose Acres Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:49 pm

I bred him to alot of LS mares this season so I can't wait to see what I get, he's a very sweet boy, just wish he had confirmation to match his movement. I have a new boy that just hit breeding age, looking forward to see how he matures, he has better conformation but he had an injury so just now starting to see what he can do. I'm excited to see so many Dutch's coming into the game. They are a great breed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prairie Rose Acres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prairie Rose Acres   Prairie Rose Acres Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prairie Rose Acres
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ERDHHR :: Ranch Updates-
Jump to: