ERDHHR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DHH registry of Equine-Ranch.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Foals of Meadowbrook Farms

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Wow! You're gonna be busy this year!

Love those tobianos. I think those are my two favorite variations of the pattern.
Back to top Go down
http://www.equine-ranch.com/ranchinfo.php?ranchid=75583
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:13 pm

Yes I'm going to be very busy, I think I'm only having one or two Dutch's next season. I really hope all my boys shape up decently **fingers crossed**
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Well finally had another filly but I don't think her color is acceptable, I think she is maximum sabino, almost all white except for a few spots Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 2:47 pm

ShannonHM wrote:
Well finally had another filly but I don't think her color is acceptable, I think she is maximum sabino, almost all white except for a few spots Sad

Phenotypically she looks maximum sabino, but she is not according to her genetics. A true maximum sabino would be SA1/SA1. She is sa1/sa1. Another gene is at play here, from her paternal grandsire.

True maximum sabinos are registerable, but the color she is is not Sad She is lovely though!
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Her Paternal grandsire is Red Dun Maximum Sabino confused

She isn't Dun though
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:52 pm

ShannonHM wrote:
Her Paternal grandsire is Red Dun Maximum Sabino confused

She isn't Dun though

That IS his phenotype, not his genotype. I am not sure why he is registered like that. Maybe to make players think I guess. But he is the same as your filly. (not the dun though) The Tsosgadu LSIII horse is indeed a white. The sabino you are seeing is resultant of incomplete penetrance. Very common and tricky with white horses. Most people think they have a sa2/sa2 horse when they come across one. This is incorrect though. sa2/sa2 produces only sabino phenotypes, not maximum sabino. As I said earlier, maximum sabino is caused by SA1/SA1. (As far as I know SA1/sa1 + sa2/sa2 phenotypes are unknown at this point. Is it possible it could produce maximum sabino? I think so, but I have yet to hear of it)

So whenever you see a maximum sabino phenotype, and the horse is genetically sa1/sa1 or SA1/sa1, it is a white. Smile
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Wow, so she would just be registered as white? and white is not an acceptable color Sad I have so many Dutch's that don't meet the color guidelines **headbang**
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:44 pm

White would be the best, yes. Smile

And don't worry, so do I! Darn nasty temperament ponies...
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:59 pm

I have two pretty nice fillies that are Dutch draft/TB crosses but it will be a while before their babies will be able to be eligible for DHH, I think they draft has to be at least 5th generation back correct?

My temperaments seem to be coming up but most of my 3 year olds for this year where frame Evil or Very Mad I'm getting ready to try to sell them and keep my fingers crossed all my boys from this year shape up nice and hopefully within a few game years I can breed them to some of by better girls.
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:34 pm

ShannonHM wrote:
I have two pretty nice fillies that are Dutch draft/TB crosses but it will be a while before their babies will be able to be eligible for DHH, I think they draft has to be at least 5th generation back correct?

That is correct.
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Well after my huge Dutch season last year, I'm only expecting 2 this season.

I bred a new LS Mare [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] X [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then I did a brood lease on a LS mare [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] X [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm really hoping this mare will improve the temperament and conformation but still get Max's movement.

I have my hands full of weanlings right now so its pretty busy over here but hopefully will have some nice boys in a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Wow! Those LS mares are gorgeous! Smile
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 8:25 am

HOLY COW!!!! Woke up to a beautiful colt from Candy and his temperament is very good cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I never expected her to throw such a beautiful tobiano since she is so minimally marked, now if I could get one of these in a filly please!!!!
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 9:29 am

affraid breathtaking!
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Very pleased with that one, finally getting some better temperaments.
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Finally got a nice filly by Max but her temperament is only average. She's really cute though, pretty little Rabicano.

These are the only 2 babies I am having this year but I can see these two having pretty babies of their own down the road.
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:54 am

Well my first foal for this year just came last night, was hoping for a little better temperament but I guess I shouldn't complain, it is a good temperament. I'm hoping conformation will settle above good and her grandsire is Max so hope she gets his movement.

Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:01 am

2nd foal of the year is here and its another filly cheers and she is gorgeous!! Looks just like her mama, and is Heterozygous for the Tobiano Zygosity Marker so I see more Tobiano babies on the ranch in a few years Very Happy

Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:16 am

Gorgeous! I love the white mane and tail and white legs against the gold!
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:48 pm

The only thing that would have made her better would have been if I could have gotten some sabino on her, but I love her flower
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:19 am

Well I decided to have a foal by Back N Flash just since his life was so short and never had a chance to show what he could do and got a pretty filly out of Eye Candyy, pretty pleased with his only foal

Only one more to go.
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:15 pm

My last foal of last season was born 2 GM ago but I'm just now getting around to posting, I had another filly cheers Her temperament could have been better but we'll see how she shapes up.

Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Gorgeous! You had a colorful year. But Inner Smile is also splashed white so I am afraid she won't be registerable Sad
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:46 pm

The white on her face?? Because I don't see any other white on her other than her feet Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:39 pm

The white on her face and feet. She has a minimal variation of splash.

I've had splashes with even less white too:
Here are two that look similar to your girl:

Genetics Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foals of Meadowbrook Farms   Foals of Meadowbrook Farms - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foals of Meadowbrook Farms
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next