ERDHHR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DHH registry of Equine-Ranch.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RedRose Thoroughbreds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedRoseAna

RedRose Thoroughbreds Empty
PostSubject: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Well you can probably guess by my ranch name what my main breed is Laughing I saw this challenge posted on the ER Commons and thought it sounded like fun. I don't have and Dutch Warmbloods yet, but I do have 3 lovely LS ladies expecting Dutch Warmblood foals next spring!
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Yay! Can't wait to see the babies Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.equine-ranch.com/ranchinfo.php?ranchid=75583
RedRoseAna

PostSubject: Re: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:50 am

Well, well... the first [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is here... is maximum sabiano acceptable? He carries pearl but isn't showing it. Another foal is on it's way but the 3's dam passed away before she foaled No
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Pretty colt. So sorry to hear about your mare passing away Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
RedRoseAna

PostSubject: Re: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Last one's a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! And she's clear!
Back to top Go down
ShannonHM

PostSubject: Re: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:24 pm

She's pretty and I love her name!!! flower
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:24 pm

RedRoseAna wrote:
Well, well... the first [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is here... is maximum sabiano acceptable? He carries pearl but isn't showing it. Another foal is on it's way but the 3's dam passed away before she foaled No

Maximum sabino is acceptable yes, however, white is not. He is lovely but your colt is sa1/sa1.
Back to top Go down
RedRoseAna

PostSubject: Re: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:31 pm

He is not white, he has Sa2 instead of the testable sa1. He get Sabiano2 from his Dam who gets it from her sire.
Back to top Go down
Hayden Valley 1

PostSubject: Re: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:39 pm

RedRoseAna wrote:
He is not white, he has Sa2 instead of the testable sa1. He get Sabiano2 from his Dam who gets it from her sire.

Sa2 is recessive, so both parents would have to carry it and his sire does not. However, he is gorgeous. And the filly is amazing!
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

PostSubject: Re: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Hayden Valley 1 wrote:
RedRoseAna wrote:

Sa2 is recessive, so both parents would have to carry it and his sire does not. However, he is gorgeous. And the filly is amazing!

Also, to be maximum sabino a horse must have double Sa1, or white can give the appearance of it. In order to be sabino 2, a horse is sa2/sa2, which can not create a maximum sabino pattern as far as I know.

From the DNA guide about white:
Quote :
Its phenotype can vary widely. It appears to have incomplete penetrance in some cases, and the horse will have some skin pigment. In some cases the horse will even some pigmented hair, creating a sabino pattern.

Tsosgadu LSIII is a white horse, and he throws a lot of heterozygous white offspring who are often mistaken for sabinos.

Your colt is lovely! But he himself will not be registerable. Though his offspring may be.

Back to top Go down
RedRoseAna

PostSubject: Re: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:42 pm

UGH I really thought I had this Sa2 stuff worked out Mad that genetics for ya. It's cool though, I wasn't sure how I felt about the average temperament. The filly, I'm pretty excited about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RedRoseAna

PostSubject: Re: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:42 pm

This season starts off with a little [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RedRoseAna

PostSubject: Re: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Since I've been away for a while, I thought I'd sort of reintroduce my herd.

The latest member is a little filly, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], she's out of the mare I originally bred for this program. Unfortunately, I had no idea what letter we were on for names so... Rolling Eyes I just gave her a name to go with her dam's.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] didn't turn out quite as well as I hoped.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has a fault, but I think I'm going to try breeding her before selling.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has champagne.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the lovely.

And finally, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RedRose Thoroughbreds   RedRose Thoroughbreds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RedRose Thoroughbreds
Page 1 of 1