ERDHHR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DHH registry of Equine-Ranch.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just rambling

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ShannonHM

Just rambling Empty
PostSubject: Just rambling   Just rambling Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:04 pm

So I know we aren't supposed to enter our older horses into Keurings unless they meet all standards but sometimes I have a horse that meets all the standards except maybe in one area, for example [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I believe he has reached his peak in all area's but since he has poor intelligence he won't be eligible for DHH no matter how much I show him and the rest of his fitness ratings are pretty good, I have a few that are like this, where they meet every area except one. I'd really like to be able to enter these horses into the Keurings, I understand if a horse doesn't have moment since that is essential for their signature trot. Anyway, I'm just rambling on and a little frustrated I guess because I have so many that won't make it because they are one fitness rating low in agility or intelligence Sad
Back to top Go down
WPMCowgirl (Founder)
Admin
WPMCowgirl (Founder)

Just rambling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just rambling   Just rambling Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:51 pm

A lot of us are in the same boat right now.

I have 26 Dutch Warmbloods at the moment, and I doubt maybe even a fourth of them would be eligible to enter in the keurings. So they are just going to be breeding stock right now. That's just a challenge that comes with starting from nothing though; we aren't going to get our hands on superior genetics over night. We have to be patient and breed up.

I could allow horses below standard to enter keurings, if everyone else feels the same way, but these horses would have to be docked for such low ratings. Our goal here is to select the best animals for registration, and one day we will get into stride and have animals being registered left and right. I felt that the minimal "fair" ratings allowed for several fitness ratings is pretty lenient as a horse that would be described as "fair" should be none too impressive, but if I need to change it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.equine-ranch.com/ranchinfo.php?ranchid=75583
ShannonHM

Just rambling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just rambling   Just rambling Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:46 pm

I have 50+ Dutch's and I realize that its not going to happen overnight but I also realize that some of the horses we have now will be the founding stock that our horses later on come from, I guess I'm just frustrated, I seem to have a few that by standards right now are pretty nice but are below one level in an area. Even some of my Titled horses I know won't make it Neutral Oh well I guess they will just have to be breeding stock and its time to cull the herd down some. Thanks for listening to my rambling on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just rambling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just rambling   Just rambling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just rambling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ERDHHR :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: